Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tantalizingly Twisted Turkey Burgers


Did I ever tell you how much I love meat? I ADORE meat.
I know, the last couple days, my posts on here have had no actual meat ingredients... and I am not counting the chicken packet in Ramen; it may not be vegetarian, but, honey, it's not meat.

Anyway, meat is expensive, and I am a college student living off financial aid, so I don't get as much meat in my diet as I would like when it involves actually preparing the food myself. However, the last time I went to the store, I bought a pound of ground turkey, and now I'm going to use it to make the most Tantalizingly Twisted Turkey Burgers I can come up with.



INGREDIENTS


  • 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
  • 1/4 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground mustard seed (and I don't even like mustard! I'm getting bold!)
  • 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (this could be scary....)
  • a dash of ground red pepper
This is the easiest recipe ever!
Let's go:

  1. Place all ingredients together in a large skillet.
  2. Wash your hands or put on kitchen gloves if you are afraid to get our hands covered in meat and spices.
  3. Mix the craziness together! Do it well! Make sure it's ALL mixed in!
  4. Separate the meat into burger-sized chunks and make patty shapes with it. By my measurements, this makes about three burgers and smells delicious already.
  5. Put the skillet on medium heat.
  6. Flip the burgers (using a spatula, please!) as you see fit, but not too often. However, the burgers should be cooked, not burnt.
  7. While those are cooking, I'm going to toast two slices of wheat bread. You can do whatever you want for bread, but that's all I have right now. I'd use a potato roll if I had one.
  8. I'm going to put just a trace of BBQ sauce on mine, because I love BBQ sauce, and in my opinion, even the most tender of burgers can benefit from a little extra sauce.
  9. Chow down!

I'm eating this now, and it is beyond delicious, but now that I've bitten into it, I'm going to put some pickles on it. I hope that's alright with you.

Now go get your own. These are mine.


Cheers,
Dominic

No comments:

Post a Comment