Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Travelling Without Cooking

I've not posted in a couple days because I am on a two-week vacation to Portland, Oregon. Again, the original intent of this blog was to show off all the nifty things I can do with a minimum of foodstuffs, but as I am on vacation, I will probably not be preparing any of my own food. However, I am going to do my best to keep a log of the wonderful things I will eat while I am here.


I was inspired to do this as I was walking down the street late last night (or early this morning?) and realized that there are roadside food stands open until at least 2 AM; there was pho, sausage, and other amazingness, all just waiting for me to stumble hungrily upon it.

And stumble I did.


At about 1 AM, after a brief stop in a gay bar and a night of Rock Band at a local video game bar, my friend Palmer and I decided to get some food and go home. I asked if anything was open, and he reminded me of the food stands. We moseyed over to the nearest sausage vendor, and we each got a kielbasa link. Let me tell you, that was the best kielbasa I have ever had in my life.

Next time I go there, I am getting the reindeer sausage. YES. THEY HAVE SAUSAGE MADE OF REINDEER.

Oregon is made of magic.



Cheers,
Dominic

No comments:

Post a Comment