Thursday, March 3, 2011

Making Excuses and Macaroni & Cheezus


I apologise for not posting yesterday.

As soon as I woke up, a friend invited me out to lunch at a local restaurant called Downtown Olly's. This in itself should be proof that I sleep far too late for my own good.

After lunch, I helped another friend run errands, for which he paid me back in the form of bacon cheese fries and a salad at Outback Steakhouse.

I was out of the house from the time I woke up until 2 AM, so I did not have the chance to cook anything let alone post about it.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Either way, here's Macaroni & Cheezus, so named because it is a miracle that something so delicious can come from a box of macaroni and cheese. WAY more impressive than turning water into wine!



INGREDIENTS

  • 1 box macaroni and cheese
  • 1 can of tuna
  • lots of water (The macaroni box says 6 cups, but I don't measure. I just fill a large pot halfway.)
  • 1/4 cup margarine or butter. I have no butter, so I am using margarine.
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
  • parsley and red pepper flakes to taste



How To Do It:

  1. Put water in a pot and put the pot on high heat on the stove.
  2. When the water boils, put macaroni, sans cheese, in the water.
  3. Decrease heat to medium. Stir macaroni every so often.
  4. When macaroni is tender, remove pot from heat, drain the water, and leave macaroni in the strainer.
  5. Place the pot back on the stove, and put milk and butter/margarine in the pot.
  6. With heat on medium-low, stir until well-blended.
  7. Turn off heat and mix in cheese packet.
  8. Return macaroni to pot with cheese sauce. Mix well.
  9. Blend in can of tuna and tomatoes.
  10. Add parsley and red pepper flakes as you see fit.
  11. Drool in amazement at the wonder you have created, then devour it.




...and it was good!

This is one of my favourite dishes, because it makes enough for two meals, or enough to share. Sharing is caring. Make your own batch, though, because this'll be gone well before you get here.


Cheers,
Dominic

No comments:

Post a Comment