Sunday, March 6, 2011

Holy Moly Ravioli


I should be working on a paper right now. I should have been working on this paper all week, and now I have allotted myself 6 hours in which to finish said paper.

PIECE OF CAKE, I SAY.

Unfortunately, a piece of cake won't give me 6 hours worth of energy. A whole cake might, but I am not in possession of a slice of cake let alone many slices of cake... (which would necessitate an entire rack? Never mind.)

Anyway, I require protein, and that seriously narrows my options given what we have for food in the house. I want something hot and delicious, and that narrows my options even further. As in, there is only one thing left to do....

Holy Moly, Ravioli!



Ingredients

  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • a drizzle of olive oil
  • 1 can of mini ravioli
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup tomatoes
  • shredded mozzarella to taste

How To Do This Up:

  1. Sautée garlic and olive oil over medium heat for just a little bit. Shake and shimmy it.
  2. Try to open a can of ravioli, realize that your can opener needs to be replaced, and beat the can into submission until you finally get it open enough to extract the contents.
  3. Realize that the garlic has now burnt to the bottom of the pan. Feel ashamed, wash the pot, start over with the garlic and olive oil.
  4. Empty ravioli, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes into pot and reduce heat to medium-low.
  5. Stir well while allowing to bubble ever-so-slightly.
  6. Add tomatoes and stir.
  7. Sprinkle mozzarella on top and stir once more until the cheese is as melted as possible.
  8. Remove from heat, serve, and munch your lunch!


Mangia!



Cheers,
Dominic

No comments:

Post a Comment