Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fancy-Ass Ramen #1

This is not the first time I have made a fancy-ass Ramen dish, but this is the first time I have made THIS fancy-ass Ramen dish, and the first real post in this blog, so I dub this dish "Fancy-Ass Ramen #1."

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 packet of Top Ramen brand Ramen noodles (chicken flavor)
  • 13 oz water
  • 1 shake Kroger brand Worcestershire sauce (As you can see, my measurements are very exact!)
  • a tiny dab of Open Pit BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 tsp of Spice World minced garlic
  • two shakes of Kroger brand garlic powder (for extra garlickiness!)
  • two shakes of Kroger brand onion powder
  • three shakes of Watkins brand cumin
  • three shakes of unlabelled crushed red pepper flakes
  • a liberal sprinkling of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese brand cheese topping (Don't judge me!)
  • 1 tsp corn starch

OK, here's the recipe:

  1. Take one large skillet, and put it on your stove (preferably on the burner)!
  2. Shake Worcestershire sauce into skillet and shimmy the 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic around in there with it.
  3. Turn heat to medium. Keep shimmying the garlic until you feel like it is sufficiently shimmied.
  4. Pour 12 of the 13 oz. of water into the skillet.
  5. Add BBQ sauce, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cheese powder, and red pepper flakes.
  6. Turn heat up to high, and allow water to come to a rolling boil.
  7. Add Ramen noodles and decrease heat to medium-high.
  8. Shimmy Ramen noodles around to make sure they cook somewhat evenly. The water will not cover them in a skillet! You'll need to flip the brick-o'-noodles a few times.
  9. Mix corn starch with the last ounce of cold water. IF THE WATER IS HOT, THE CORN STARCH WILL MAKE LITTLE LUMPS. That's why this step is here!
  10. Mix the corn starch slurry you just made in with the other ingredients.
  11. Add the flavor packet, put in a bowl, eat with chopsticks, and ENJOY THE DELICIOUS SODIUM-INFUSED DIETARY BLASPHEMY.

Seriously, sometimes I amaze myself. I'd have posted a picture, but I ate the food too damn fast. Try it at home! Tell me if you love it!


Cheers,
Dominic

2 comments:

  1. I love that you tagged this post "sodium."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that IS pretty much the primary ingredient of this dish.

    But yeah, I thought it was a useful tag. Just in case someone is on a high-sodium diet.

    ReplyDelete